We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated – with information for more than 800 implants and 100 abutments added! Valid from March 2022.
What is NEW?
• Z-Systems Z5BL and Z5TL implant systems
• Thommen Medical: SPI Element LC 3.5 and 4.0 implants added
• HumanTech: Conecept and Avantgarde implants added
• Bioner Implants: Ikelt, Bikelt , Hikelt Top DM Short DM and DM Plus
• Straumann: TLX tissue level implants in NT and RT platforms added (available as stock items in April 2022)
Changed SmartPeg type:
• Implacil De Bortoli: SmartPeg for ConeMorse implants changed from SmartPeg Type 49 to SmartPeg Type 16, the change is done in order to better facilitate ISQ measurement when a sub crestal placement protocol is used. SmartPeg Type 16 also offers improved handling when bone overgrowth may be anticipated.
Find your SmartPeg
Each SmartPeg is calibrated and customized to fit each implant system and type. Use our guide to find the SmartPeg that fits your implant.SmartPeg Guide
How many times can you use the SmartPeg and still get accurate ISQ readings?
Osstell Technology – SmartPegs by Dr William Martin
Can I re-use the SmartPegs?
The SmartPegs are single use items. To avoid damage to the implant, the SmartPeg material is quite soft, which limits the lifetime of the threads. So the SmartPeg cannot be reused for two reasons: First, the magnet cannot stand the heat of an autoclave, it will be affected and discolored. Second, the threads are made weak not to jeopardize the inner threads in the implant. Reusing the SmartPeg might wear out the threads and give misleading ISQ values.
Is the ISQ-value sensitive to how hard the SmartPeg is tightened?
The SmartPeg should be tightened with 4-5 Ncm, which means “finger tight”, using the SmartPeg Mount. It is enough with firm contact between the SmartPeg and the implant. The difference in ISQ value will then stay within 2 ISQ units. (If the SmartPeg is tightened too loosely, the ISQ-value will be lower.) If the SmartPeg is over-tightened, there is a risk that the SmartPeg threads will be damaged.