We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated – with information for more than 500 implants added!
Valid from October 2021.
What is NEW?
• Tapered Internal connection from BioHorizons
• TSIII SA from Osstem
• Tri: Vent, Narrow and Octa from TRI
• Interna 3.0 and Core, Interna Abutment from BTI
• Rapid, Classic, Prestige from Dentin
• Screw type, Conical, Trapeze, Narrow Int Hex from AB Dental
• Premium One and Premium Straight & SP from Sweden o Martin
• Way mix, Way extra, Way Rock from Geass
• Universal III HI from Implacil
• Microcone, Quattrocone, Procone from Medentika
Find your SmartPeg
Each SmartPeg is calibrated and customized to fit each implant system and type. Use our guide to find the SmartPeg that fits your implant.SmartPeg Guide
How many times can you use the SmartPeg and still get accurate ISQ readings?
Osstell Technology – SmartPegs by Dr William Martin
Can I re-use the SmartPegs?
The SmartPegs are single use items. To avoid damage to the implant, the SmartPeg material is quite soft, which limits the lifetime of the threads. So the SmartPeg cannot be reused for two reasons: First, the magnet cannot stand the heat of an autoclave, it will be affected and discolored. Second, the threads are made weak not to jeopardize the inner threads in the implant. Reusing the SmartPeg might wear out the threads and give misleading ISQ values.
Is the ISQ-value sensitive to how hard the SmartPeg is tightened?
The SmartPeg should be tightened with 4-5 Ncm, which means “finger tight”, using the SmartPeg Mount. It is enough with firm contact between the SmartPeg and the implant. The difference in ISQ value will then stay within 2 ISQ units. (If the SmartPeg is tightened too loosely, the ISQ-value will be lower.) If the SmartPeg is over-tightened, there is a risk that the SmartPeg threads will be damaged.