We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated! In this release we introduce detailed implant information and also additions to the Southern Implants implant assortment. Valid from October 2022.
What is NEW?
- Southern Implant
- New: Deep Conical
- 5.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 07
- New: Provata
- 3.3 Platform using SmartPeg Type 83
- New: ProMax
- 6.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 27
- 7.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 27
- 8.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 27
- 9.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 27
- New: Inverta DC
- 3.5/4.5 Platform using SmartPeg Type 38
- 4.0/5.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 38
- 5.0/6.0 Platform using SmartPeg Type 07
- New: Inverta EX (External Hex) Implant System
- All platforms using SmartPeg Type 01
- New: IM Implant System
- All platforms using SmartPeg Type 26
- New: Deep Conical
Find your SmartPeg
Each SmartPeg is calibrated and customized to fit each implant system and type. Use our guide to find the SmartPeg that fits your implant.SmartPeg Guide
How many times can you use the SmartPeg and still get accurate ISQ readings?
Osstell Technology – SmartPegs by Dr William Martin
Can I re-use the SmartPegs?
The SmartPegs are single use items. To avoid damage to the implant, the SmartPeg material is quite soft, which limits the lifetime of the threads. So the SmartPeg cannot be reused for two reasons: First, the magnet cannot stand the heat of an autoclave, it will be affected and discolored. Second, the threads are made weak not to jeopardize the inner threads in the implant. Reusing the SmartPeg might wear out the threads and give misleading ISQ values.
Is the ISQ-value sensitive to how hard the SmartPeg is tightened?
The SmartPeg should be tightened with 4-5 Ncm, which means “finger tight”, using the SmartPeg Mount. It is enough with firm contact between the SmartPeg and the implant. The difference in ISQ value will then stay within 2 ISQ units. (If the SmartPeg is tightened too loosely, the ISQ-value will be lower.) If the SmartPeg is over-tightened, there is a risk that the SmartPeg threads will be damaged.