SmartPeg Reference Guide
Find the correct SmartPeg in the selection tool below, or download the pdf version by clicking the button below.Download PDF
We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated. Detailed implant information is added for previous additions from A.B Dental, Neoss Abutments as well as Straumann Standard and Standard+ Implants. Valid from March 2023.
What is NEW?
- Dentsply Sirona PrimeTaper EV Ø3.0 Implants using SmartPeg Type 50
- A.B Dental I-On Implant system using SmartPeg Type 63
- Neoss ProActive® Edge implants in new package without healing abutments using SmartPeg Type 18
NDI Medical dental implants
- Optimum Small Platform using SmartPeg Type 26
- Optimum Large Platform using SmartPeg Type 07
- Prime Small Platform using SmartPeg Type 26
- Prime Large Platform using SmartPeg Type 07
- Effective+ Small Platform using SmartPeg Type 26
- Effective+ Large Platform using SmartPeg Type 07
- Ridge+ using SmartPeg Type 26
- Maximum using SmartPeg Type 07
- SmallPro using SmartPeg Type 57
Find your SmartPeg
Each SmartPeg is calibrated and customized to fit each implant system and type. Use our guide to find the SmartPeg that fits your implant.SmartPeg Guide
Do you want to know more about our SmartPegs? Learn more about Smartpeg functionality, why SmartPegs are for single use only and what it is that makes a SmartPeg so smart.
Why are SmartPegs single patient use only?What makes a SmartPeg so smart?
How many times can you use the SmartPeg and still get accurate ISQ readings?
Osstell Technology – SmartPegs by Dr William Martin
Can I re-use the SmartPegs?
The SmartPegs are single use items. To avoid damage to the implant, the SmartPeg material is quite soft, which limits the lifetime of the threads. So the SmartPeg cannot be reused for two reasons: First, the magnet cannot stand the heat of an autoclave, it will be affected and discolored. Second, the threads are made weak not to jeopardize the inner threads in the implant. Reusing the SmartPeg might wear out the threads and give misleading ISQ values.
Is the ISQ-value sensitive to how hard the SmartPeg is tightened?
The SmartPeg should be tightened with 4-5 Ncm, which means “finger tight”, using the SmartPeg Mount. It is enough with firm contact between the SmartPeg and the implant. The difference in ISQ value will then stay within 2 ISQ units. (If the SmartPeg is tightened too loosely, the ISQ-value will be lower.) If the SmartPeg is over-tightened, there is a risk that the SmartPeg threads will be damaged.