Implant stability? Easy.
The Osstell Beacon helps you to objectively and non-invasively determine implant stability in a matter of seconds. It uses proprietary and evidence based RFA (Resonance Frequency Analysis) technology, based on more than 1300 scientific studies.Buy Osstell Beacon
Predictable outcomes: Manage patients with risk factors
Reduced treatment time: Avoid unnecessarily long treatment times
Evidence-based: Backed by more than 1300 scientific studies
Availability around the globe
We work together with our distribution partners to provide you the absolute best support possible. Availability in local markets is dependent upon registration and will be available in your country as registration is completed. Are you based in North America? Contact us and we will assist you further.
Which instrument is right for you?
At Osstell, we offer a variety of instruments to help you in your daily work at the clinic. The Osstell Beacon; and the Osstell IDx gives you access to OsstellConnect, our online service where you can analyze your data and get relevant insights of your implant treatment performance. The products can be used together or separately, depending on which best suits your needs. Furthermore, you will find different types of SmartPegs and accessories that can be used with your Osstell instruments.Compare here
Already an Osstell Beacon user?
Are you already an Osstell Beacon user and need help installing your instrument? We’ll help you step by step in our get started guide.Osstell Beacon Support Page
Frequently asked questions
Got a question regarding Osstell Beacon? Our FAQ is the fastest way to get help. Below you will find the most frequently asked questions regarding Osstell Beacon. If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us.
No, you can also register your IDx at osstellconnect.com. All you need is the serial number.
Before each use, moisten a gauze or soft cloth with an acceptable (see list below) surface disinfectant and wipe the whole Osstell Beacon instrument. Note! Do not autoclave the Osstell Beacon instrument. Routinely check the surface of the instrument tip and overall surface for possible cracks and resins.
o Isopropyl alcohol
o Ethyl alcohol-based cleaners
Do not use:
o Strong alkali detergent of any type, including hand soaps and dish soaps Bleach based cleaners
o Hydrogen Peroxide based cleaners Abrasive Cleansers
o Acetone of hydrocarbon based cleaners MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone)
o Birex Gluteraldehyde
o Quaternary Ammonium Chloride salt-based cleaners
The Osstell Beacon is delivered from factory in a “transport” mode, where the built-in motion sensor is deactivated. To deactivate the transport mode and start charging, connect the small USB connector of the Osstell USB cable to wide end of the instrument. Connect the large USB connector to a standard USB outlet of a PC, laptop or charger.
Although it is possible to use the Osstell Beacon directly, depending on the status of the built-in rechargeable battery, it is recommended to charge the battery for at least 3 hours before using the Osstell Beacon instrument.
The Osstell Beacon is activated by a built-in motion sensor. As soon as the motion sensor detects movement, the Osstell Beacon will start-up and shortly show battery status and then be ready for measurement in the BL (Buccal – Lingual) direction, which is indicated in the upper display.
The Osstell Beacon will start to measure, indicated by an audible sound, when near an Osstell SmartPeg or Test peg due to a built-in magnetic detector that senses the magnet on the top of the Osstell SmartPeg/TestPeg. Measured data will be shown in the upper display combined with a colored light indication below the tip.
The red, yellow and green color indicates if the measured ISQ value corresponds to a low, medium or high implant stability according to the ISQ scale guidance, click here for more information.
After 60 seconds of no motion, the Osstell Beacon will turn off automatically.
1. Activate the Osstell Beacon by picking it up. The instrument will start-up and after showing the battery status, the instrument will be ready for measurement in the BL (Buccal – Lingual) direction, which is prompted in the upper display as well as optimal angle towards the Smartpeg.
2. Place a barrier sleeve over the Osstell beacon instrument.
3. Place the SmartPeg into the SmartPeg Mount. The SmartPeg is magnetic, and the SmartPeg Mount will hold the SmartPeg. See fig 2. Attach the SmartPeg to the implant or abutment by screwing the SmartPeg Mount using finger force of approximately 4-6 Ncm. Do not over-tighten, to avoid damaging the SmartPeg threads.
4. Hold the instrument tip close (2-4mm) to the top of the SmartPeg without touching it. Sometimes, you will need to go as close as 1 mm. An audible sound indicates when measurement has started, and measured data will be shown in the upper display combined with a colored light indication below the tip.
5. Bring the instrument out of the mouth to clearly read the ISQ value and the colored indication. The measured ISQ values will be displayed in the upper display for a couple of seconds and then switch to be ready for measurement in mesial-distal direction.
6. Repeat step 4 and the sequence starts over and the Osstell Beacon is ready for measurement in the BL (Buccal- Lingual) direction again.
7. When all measurements are performed, remove the SmartPeg by using the SmartPeg Mount. The instrument is automatically turned off after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Charge the Beacon for at least 30 min in room temperature, then try again. If the error remains, try resetting the device by:
1. Identify the Beacon reset pin on the picture below.
2. With a paper clip, do a gentle press for 1 second on the reset button (Note! You may have to tilt the pin a little downwards).
If you see a “PadLock” symbol in the upper display, press one more time on the reset button.
If the Beacon still doesn’t start or the display is showing a wrench and a manual, then please contact your local sales representative or distributor or email@example.com.
Possible explanations include:
Re-Used SmartPeg: The SmartPegs are disposable and should only be used for one or multiple measurement at one treatment session, for a single patient only. Repeated re-use may result in false readings due to wear and tear of the soft aluminum SmartPeg threads.
Wrong SmartPeg type selected for the implant: See SmartPeg reference list, osstell.com/smartpegguide
Bone or soft tissue in between SmartPeg and Implant: Make sure to clean the Implant prosthetic connection before attaching the SmartPeg.
Electromagnetic interference: Remove the source of electromagnetic interference.
Probe is held too far away from the SmartPeg: Hold the probe 2-4 mm away from the SmartPeg.
You may also be interested in