Updated SmartPeg Reference Guide Available!
Oct 9, 2023
We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated. The updates are effective as of September 2023.
What is NEW?
- N1 NP implants using SmartPeg Type 103
- N1 RP implants using SmartPeg Type 104
- N1 Base NP using SmartPeg 101
- N1 Base RP using SmartPeg 102
- Matrix Bone level P37 platform using SmartPeg Type 106
- Matrix Tissue level P37 platform using SmartPeg Type 108
- Matrix Bone level P45 platform using SmartPeg Type 100
- Matrix Tissue level P45 platform using SmartPeg Type 109
- Ceramic Implant using SmartPeg Type 99
- Root Shape 2.9 implant using SmartPeg Type 76
- Root Shape 3.3 implant using SmartPeg Type 76
- Root Shape 3.8 implant using SmartPeg Type 23
- Root Shape 4.3 implant using SmartPeg Type 23
- Root Shape 5.0 implant using SmartPeg Type 23
- Blue Diamond Narrow Connection using SmartPeg Type 53
- Blue Diamond Regular Connection using SmartPeg Type 54
- ST NI Narrow Connection using SmartPeg Type 28
- ST NI Regular Connection using SmartPeg Type 06
Changed SmartPeg Types
- KSIII Ø3.5 implants changed from Type 21 to Type 38
- KSIII Ø4.0 – Ø7.0 implants changed from Type 15 to Type 38
- KSIII Ø4.0 – Ø7.0 short (≥ 6mm length) changed from Type 15 to Type 63
- In-Kone (Universal and Primo) changed from Type 49 to Type 78
- AnyOne External Regular connection changed from Type 04 to Type 01
The changes listed above is performed to better facilitate ISQ measurements when a sub-crestal implant placement protocol is used and to improve handling when bone overgrowth may be anticipated. The previous listed SmartPeg may still be used except for Type 15 in conjunction with short (6mm length) Osstem KSIII implants.
Added Detailed implant information Inc UDI for the following implant companies
- Global D
- Tri Dental
- DIO implants
More information was added about implants (e.g. catalogue no, length, etc). You will find the details about what is new in the column to the right in the SmartPeg Reference Guide:
New = New implants added to the list
* = More information added about the implant, e.g. catalogue no, length, etc
** = Changed SmartPeg Type
SmartPegs on the go
Make sure to download the Osstell SmartPegs App! For your convenience it is designed to help you quickly find the right SmartPeg™ for even easier Osstell ISQ measurements on implants and abutments. It is available for download on the App Store and Google Play.