Updated SmartPeg Reference Guide Available!
Jan 8, 2024
We are happy to share with you that the Osstell SmartPeg Reference Guide is now updated. The updates are effective as of January 2024.
What is NEW?
- Nobel Pearl NP implants using SmartPeg Type 90
- Axiom TL PX and REG implants using SmartPeg Type 66
- ARi implants using SmartPeg Type 02
- Short implant using SmartPeg Type 11
- Microcone NI (Narrow Interface) using SmartPeg Type 62
- Straumann TLX WT implants using SmartPeg Type 66
- MultiBase EV abutments using SmartPeg Type 25
Added Detailed implant information Inc UDI for the following implant systems
It has come to our attention that in rare cases our SmartPeg Type 66 does not give enough thread engagement when used on Straumann TLX WT implants. This can result in inaccurate measurements, leading to either no measurement results or significantly lower results than anticipated.
To address this, we are implementing a design change to correct the thread length. The updated SmartPeg Type 66 will be available within 3-4 months.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This information applies exclusively to the Straumann TLX WT. Other implant platforms compatible with SmartPeg Type 66 remain unaffected by this issue. The recommendations specified in the SmartPeg Reference Guide are updated in version 84.
More information was added about implants (e.g. catalogue no, length, etc). You will find the details about what is new in the column to the right in the SmartPeg Reference Guide:
New = New implants added to the list
* = More information added about the implant, e.g. catalogue no, length, etc
** = Changed SmartPeg Type
SmartPegs on the go
Make sure to download the Osstell SmartPegs App! For your convenience it is designed to help you quickly find the right SmartPeg™ for even easier Osstell ISQ measurements on implants and abutments. It is available for download on the App Store and Google Play.