- To learn the different guidelines for two stages, one stage and immediate loading approaches.
- To understand how guidelines for loading protocols can help us to obtain better clinical results, namely in advanced surgical techniques.
- To know the principles behind the decision criteria (ISQ, Torque, Bone density, medical status, complexity of the case).
- To realize what is the impact of these guidelines/rules in our daily practice.
Date: June 30th, 5.00 PM CEST
1 CE Credit
Live Webinar: Loading Protocols for Daily Implantology
Dr. Raquel Zita Gomes DMD, PG, MSc, PhD, Oral Surgeon, University Prof.
This webinar will present and discuss the loading protocols (delayed, early, immediate) in modern Oral Implantology, and create guidelines for daily decisions.
Thanks to the latest developments of medical technologies and simultaneous advancement of medical sciences, medicine became more efficient, faster, and most importantly safer. Implantology has not stayed aside from the technological revolution of the 21st century. The main aim of this dental webinar is to present and discuss the loading protocols (delayed, early, immediate) in modern Oral Implantology, and to create guidelines for daily decisions having in consideration objective measures like the Osstell Implant Stability Quotient (ISQ) Measure, the Torque and the bone density measured in the CT/CBCT. Other factors like the medical status of the patient and the complexity of the case are also important to take in consideration. Several clinical cases are going to show how to put in practice these rules.
About Dr Raquel Zita Gomes
- Dental Medical Doctor by the Faculty of Dental Medicine of the University of Oporto (FMDUP) (1996-2002)
- Post-graduation in Implantology in Sweden (Bränemark Institute in Gothenburg and Maxilla-Facial Surgery Ward at Västerås Hospital) (2002)
- Specialization Course in Implantology by FMDUP (2003-2006)
- Master’s Degree in Implantology by FMDUP (MsC) (2006- 2007)
- PhD degree in the field or Oral Surgery /Implantology at FMDUP (2013-2018)
- Oral surgeon (specialist in oral surgery) by the Portuguese Dental Medical Association (OMD)
- Opinion leader of Bredent Medical Group, MINEC (Megagen International Network of Education and Clinical Research) active member, opinion leader of Bredent Portugal, KOL of Osteobiol Biomaterials, KOL of T-scan (digital assessment of occlusion)
- IFZI (Prof.Lang) academy auxiliar instructor, Active member of BBB (Bone, Biomaterials and Beyond) Academy, ambassador of the Clean Implant Foundaton.
- Expert on Dental XP, Oralsurgerytube, MINEC and Dentinaltubules educational platforms
- Invited External Teacher at Master and Specialization Course of Oral Rehabilitation (CESPU University, Portugal). Invited lecturer at Upenn (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
- Private practices in Portugal dedicated exclusively to Implantology, advanced oral surgery and rehabilitation.
- Mentor of professional group Follow the RED (dedicated to oral surgery), International leader of the “Divas in Dentistry Project”
- Reviewer of Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research journal and BMC Oral Health. Editorial board of International Growth Factor and Stem Cells in Dentistry journal.
- Author and co-author of several articles and chapters of books in the Dentistry Field.
- Speaker in more than 25 countries.